FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live broadcast

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
Live broadcast
on Jan 29, 2009 at 10:49:31 pm

Hello. I was going to post this on the Wirecast forum as this is the program I want to use to live broadcast but there doesn't seem to be any contributions there as of yet. I have downloaded the trial version of wirecast and I have successfully connected my hdsdi from my iohd to it. MY problem is that I need to keep the bandwidth around 4-500 and I just couldn't seem to get a good image in my testing. Since I haven't actually broadcast yet, I was saving a copy of the file to my hard drive. That file looks horrible as well. I was using the H264 preset, 29.97, 30 key frames all the way to 150, 512x288.

My question is, am I naive to think I could get an image that isn't jerky or look like it came from a surveillance camera? I may as well record to tape, do a simple edit and encode with Flix and skip the live broadcast.
Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
Re: Live broadcast
on Jan 29, 2009 at 11:03:16 pm

One other important thing. My signal was a 1080i hdsdi to my iohd. Wirecast saw that. So my test was a fixed camera and we walked about. The interlacing was HORRIBLE. What can be done about that?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 29, 2009 at 11:33:44 pm

Ah, saw this after I posted my reply.

You need to deinterlace obviously. There must be an option in Wirecast, sorry, I'm not familiar with it at all but Telestream wouldn't miss out on something like that.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 29, 2009 at 11:31:09 pm

With 512x288 at 500kb/s (if that is what you are referring to, your post is far from clear) it's certainly possible to get a good picture DEPENDING on the source conten and the ability of your encoder.

The encoder is good, as far as I know.

You don't state what method you are using to down-size from HDSDI or indeed what you are shooting with

I don't know what your content is like. (Interview or fast-action). Interview at 500Kb/s will work, action won't.

I'd try reducing your frame size. Let us know how you get on..

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Jan 30, 2009 at 2:16:19 am

Hey Daniel,,

Thanks first off. I was taking uncompressed in HDSDI into my IOHD. I passed that signal into wirecast and it was recognized. The preset for Wirecast encoded that signal. I used the dsl/cable pre set for H.264. I set the keyframes to 60 and the data rate at 350 KB/s. The camera was a Z-1 with a Miranda converter taking uncompressed component to HDSDI.

I have encoded many vids this same way with the flix VP6 .flv and the vids are superb.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 30, 2009 at 12:17:12 pm

I suppose you've read this:

http://www.telestream.net/telestream-support/wire-cast/faq.htm

"Try switching the 'Aspect Ratio' from '1080 HDV' to '720 HDV"

If that fails you should probably post a question on the Telestream forums or contact support?

http://forum.telestream.net/forum/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]