FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting interlaced animation to progressive

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Campbell
Converting interlaced animation to progressive
on Jan 28, 2009 at 8:42:24 pm

Greetings. I've got these animated graphics that were created as lower field, and I'd like to make them all progressive. I can't figure out what step I'm leaving out. I put the file in my batch window, drag the NTSC Animation setting onto it, click on it in the batch window, turn frame controls on and select "Progressive" for the output.

I bring this into FCP and it still shows lower field dominant. I'm able to convert the graphics to ProRes progressive this way, but ProRes makes it look really jittery in my timeline and final product. I can't seem to deinterlace these things with that Animation codec.

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Converting interlaced animation to progressive
on Jan 28, 2009 at 10:57:41 pm

I'm assuming you are referring to compressor in your first paragraph?

So you set output fields to Progressive but what deinterlace method did you choose?

What codec/format are you working in?

Return to posts index

Paul Campbell
on Jan 29, 2009 at 12:23:47 am

Daniel, yes I am referring to Compressor...and I feel really silly now, because I thought the selection of Progressive in my frame control output WAS my deinterlace method. The codec of the original graphics is animation. I'd like to keep animation as the codec, but I can't seem to figure out what step I'm omitting. If I choose the Prores422 codec and select Progressive in my frame controls, the finished product is progressive.

I hope I described that adequately. With me it's always a crapshoot.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 29, 2009 at 7:26:52 am

In the frame controls window, under where you set 'output fields' as progressive, the next drop down selection lets you choose what deinterlace method you want to use; Fast, Better or Best.

Refer to page 258 of the compressor 3 manual for more information on the difference.

Return to posts index

Paul Campbell
on Jan 29, 2009 at 1:44:54 pm

Oh, I know what you're talking about. I chose Better. (sorry, I thought I was leaving out a really obvious step there)

So anyway, that's my method, but I still have an interlaced animation. I keep messing around with this, cuz there's clearly one little thing staring at me that I'm not clicking. Thanks,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]