FORUMS: list search recent posts

BitVice problem

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Jones
BitVice problem
on Jan 25, 2009 at 6:20:21 pm

Please help ASAP. My client needs 25 DVDs by tomorrow morning (26 January, 9:00 A.M. -6GMT).

After days of trying to make a clean DVD using Apple Compressor & Squeeze, I downloaded and tried out BitVice and the results were fantastic! All my weird image artifacts went away. I was FINALLY able to make a good quality DVD of my 1920X1080 FCP ProRes timeline.

I went ahead and purchased the Lite version of BitVice. I have not been able to get the Lite version to work. The demo version of Pro did work. When I try convert the image I receive two error messages. The first states "Image parameter missmatch. Please check your input images." After I click on abort, I get a second message of "Exception from compressor. Please check your input images." I click on abort again and the program quits.

I have a 2 X 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac.

I have sent emails to BitVice sales and support and have not heard back from them yet.
Yes - I do realize that it is the weekend but I am getting desperate.

Thanks - Ken

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: BitVice problem
on Jan 25, 2009 at 9:13:15 pm

Two things:

Are you sure the lite version supports HD source? (I haven't seen anything that says it doesn't)

Have you posted your question on the Innobits forum?

http://www.innobits.com/f/

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
Re: BitVice problem
on Jan 26, 2009 at 10:30:13 pm

You cannot post at the BitVice forum until they approve your account.

I got a response from tech support. I needed to change my frame size to a height of 480. That fixed it. But, I did learn that while the Lite version will handle HD source footage, it's scaler is not nearly as good as the more expensive 2.4 version.
I ended up purchasing the more expensive version and it works perfectly. I FINALLY am able to make a standard def DVD of my HD material withou all the weird scaling/interlacing artifacts!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]