After recently reading a forum post in another COW forum about enabling Compressor to do multi core processing I thought I would do some experiments with Apple QMaster on my Intel Core 2 DUO 3.06Ghz iMac.
So for those iMac users who arnt getting the most out of their iMac or any other Mac this is a way how too...
1. System Preferences
2. Open Apple Qmaster
3. click "Options for selected service"
4. then choose the number of processing cores you wish your Mac to use.
note: the more you choose will obviously effect the rest of your computer
5. select "Quick cluster with services"
6. tick the boxes for bother compressor and rendering
7. tick the box "Unmanaged services from other computers"
8. name your cluster
9. click "Start Sharing"
10. When you submit your job make sure you choose the cluster of your choice.