FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stuttering Clip

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Cummins
Stuttering Clip
on Jan 13, 2009 at 11:43:21 pm

hey guys wonder can you help me. Shot some footage on the DVX that i need to upload on the web as a FLV, had the clip at 320 X 240 and everything was fine, however we need it 490 x 368, this is where we started having problems. anytime i convert it to a FLV it on On2 Flix it starts stuttering and drops frames? Just wondering how to stop this. is it my settings? Cheers.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Stuttering Clip
on Jan 14, 2009 at 1:32:55 am

Where did 490 x 368 come from?

What sort of data rate are you allowing?

Return to posts index

Dennis Cummins
on Jan 14, 2009 at 12:08:16 pm

Thanks Daniel. Just kinda liked that size. Im not sure what data rate is so i just put in 480? Can you advise what data rate to use? its a 4 minute piece, thanks.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 14, 2009 at 8:02:29 pm

Try this:

http://www.flashsupport.com/books/fvst/files/tools/flv_bitrate.html

Return to posts index

Dennis Cummins
on Jan 14, 2009 at 9:15:29 pm

Thanks Daniel. Think i may have sorted the problem. ive changed the data rate to 585 and it now plays fine on my mac. However there will be a wide range of people viewing this on every make and model PC. Will this high data rate cause trouble for viewers who are looking at it on the web? Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]