FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor and Adobe Soundbooth

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M. Oliver Watson
Compressor and Adobe Soundbooth
on Dec 31, 2008 at 7:59:32 pm

Can any one explain why when I use compressor my video ends up in Adobe Soundbooth? I'm trying to use an online tutorial, but it says nothing about Soundbooth! Thanks for any help you can give me.

M. Oliver Watson

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compressor and Adobe Soundbooth
on Jan 1, 2009 at 8:08:03 pm

"Can any one explain why when I use compressor my video ends up in Adobe Soundbooth"

Can you please elaborate?

Return to posts index

M. Oliver Watson
on Jan 6, 2009 at 5:32:53 am

Dan,

Thank you for responding to my post and I apologize for not responding back sooner. I wanted to make sure I was doing all that I could do to figure out my problem before I relied on you guys. However, I still can not figure out what Soundbooth has to do with the compression process. Here's the deal. I'm attempting to author a DVD by exporting it out of FCP as a Quicktime self-contained movie. Then I take it through Compressor using the Dolby Ac3 and m2v settings. My destination is the desktop. I submit it and it comes out in Adobe Soundbooth. No one has ever mentioned Soundbooth in the compression equation, including Lynda.com. I've tried to export my movie using compressor, as well as a Quicktime reference movie, and if I remember correctly, the result is the same. Forgive me in advance if I am being completely stupid here, but I am lost! Thanks for any help and/or advice that you can give!!!

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 6, 2009 at 3:16:50 pm

"I submit it and it comes out in Adobe Soundbooth. "

That's the bit I need you to elaborate on.

Does Soundbooth open before or after compressor has done the compressing?

Return to posts index

M. Oliver Watson
on Jan 7, 2009 at 3:30:39 am

Daniel,

Soundbooth never opened. It was placed on the desktop waiting for me to open it. I spent hours trying to figure out how I could get that Soundbooth file onto DVD Studio Pro, which rejected it. I realized that I was suppose to drag both the AC3 and m2v files into Studio Pro as one file. I am really new to compressor as well as the whole video world. I sincerely hope that you'll forgive the novice mistakes and continue to answer my questions. I will pass your knowledge on. Again, thanks a million!

M. Oliver Watson

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 7, 2009 at 11:11:11 am

Have you sorted out this problem, I'm not sure?

Return to posts index

M. Oliver Watson
on Jan 7, 2009 at 2:08:24 pm

Yes, I have solved the problem. Thank you for your help!

M. Oliver Watson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]