FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fade in and Out in Batch mode?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Knox
Fade in and Out in Batch mode?
on Dec 10, 2008 at 2:19:23 pm

I am in the process of editing about 40 - 50 hours of home VHS video and converting it to DVD for Christmas. Right now I have all the clips in .mpg format which I ripped strait from the DVD. I have the ability to crop it and edit it fairly quickly and let it cook in batch rendering (using a program called MPEG-VCR which is lightning fast, uses stream copy, and has a rendering que). My problem is that I also want to add a 2 second fade in and out to both the beginning and the end of each clip.

Does anyone know of a program where I could throw in 100 files ask the program to add a fade in and fade out to each clip and let it do it's magic? MPEG-VCR has a fade, but it is only for video not audio, plus it is a little burdensome to use. I currently have the Adobe Production CS2 Suite (Premiere 2.0, Audition 2.0, After Effects 7.0, Encore 2.0).

Anyone got any idea, I would really appreciate any insight?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Fade in and Out in Batch mode?
on Dec 10, 2008 at 2:47:30 pm

Any solution would require that you re-transcode each clip all over again and that would usually cause a hit in quality as well as taking a long time.

I recently completed a similar job but followed a different route:

VHS was digitised to MiniDV using just a VHS deck and MiniDV camera. MiniDV captured into iMovie which automatically detected each scene and split into individual clips, all dissolves added in one drag and drop, titles and BG music added.

Exported to iDVD for DVD authoring.

It doesn't get much easier or quicker than that!

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Fade in and Out in Batch mode?
on Dec 14, 2008 at 3:43:37 am

Cleaner could do it, but as suggested, it will re encode the clip adding more compression.

Cleaner had a feature that would allow adjusting the in and out point and adding fades to the heads or tails.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]