FORUMS: list search recent posts

mfx file conversion

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Warren
mfx file conversion
on Dec 9, 2008 at 9:30:31 pm

I have a bunch of .mfx files that I would like to convert to .mov or .dv. Does anyone know a conversion tool or software? Thanks!

Warren

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: mfx file conversion
on Dec 10, 2008 at 12:15:37 am

Are you sure you don't mean MXF?

If they really are MFX then there are supposed to be tools out there that can do the job but I wouldn't touch them with a long stick..or the sites that host them without serious protection. Mac's of course are immune...

Return to posts index

danny hays
on Dec 11, 2008 at 1:37:58 am

Hi guys, I have had to edit MXF files before and was able to unwrap them with a free app called MXF Desktop. I've used it on several computers with no problems, or virus alerts. Here's the link to the conpany.
http://www.snellwilcox.com/mxf/
Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Dec 11, 2008 at 7:45:53 am

Danny it was MFX file converters that I was calling into question, not MXF.

As there are so many different 'flavors' of MXF, not all 'unwrappers' or readers work with all files.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MXF

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Dec 11, 2008 at 6:27:26 pm

Yeah I know but I thought it may have been a typo. And yes I found out about different types and the readers, unwrappers. I was editing mxf files from a 360 Image Server 2000. It took me a while to figure out how to convert, unwrap it into something I could edit, and convert it back into something the server would play. If you have any info on these servers or their flavor of MXF, I would love to read it. Thanks in advance. Danny

Return to posts index

David Keslick
on Dec 11, 2008 at 6:16:14 pm

For easy conversion of mxf files you may want to check out DVfilm Rayilght, if you are a PC user. DVfilm Raylight for Mac if you are a mac user. Raylight for mac creates .mov reference files that can be imported into any software that will accept .mov.

Hope this is helpful,
Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]