FORUMS: list search recent posts

transfer 24p to mini dv PAL (25fps)

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kinga Brooks
transfer 24p to mini dv PAL (25fps)
on Dec 9, 2008 at 8:41:26 pm

Hello,
What will I lose if I transfer from hdcam to mini dv PAL (this will be from 24 fps to 25 fps) for offline editing? How it will affect later process (sound sync with the online master)

Thank you in advance for answer.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: transfer 24p to mini dv PAL (25fps)
on Dec 10, 2008 at 12:10:49 am

It's a speed up of 4%, you won't lose anything other than picture quality (HDCAM < MiniDV) but the pitch of the audio will be 'slightly' higher. Don't worry, here in PAL land we are very used to getting american movies in such a way.

Big question is why are you doing it?

Return to posts index

Kinga Brooks
Re: transfer 24p to mini dv PAL (25fps)
on Dec 10, 2008 at 6:24:28 am

Thank you Daniel,
This is actually not me but a friend of mine who shot her movie on 35 mm film, has it already on hdcam 24p, and now, for some reasons, wants to transfer it to miniDV in Pal system, to eventually digitize it in to her FCP.
I suggested that she transfers to FCP directly from hdcam in lower res (if she has access to a deck), otherwise i suggested to make sure that the final clips used for offline are at the same frame rate as film (just to be sure). But since I don't want to give her wrong advice, I wanted to hear from you guys also.
Kinga

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]