FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting from FCExp to Compressor then put it into DVDSP

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Carlson
Exporting from FCExp to Compressor then put it into DVDSP
on Dec 8, 2008 at 4:09:13 am

I am having with exporting our movie from Final Cut Express (FCExp) and Compressor so that I can put the video into DVDSP.

The problem I am having is that when I export the video from FCExp the video has Lines in it (I believe the technical term it's called Steps but not sure). I have tried every combination of setting that I can think of. Please help.

I've tried de-interlacing, interlacing, doing it in Progressive, with DV/ DVCPRO fromat. I also tried it in the H.264 de-interlaced with a frame rate of 29.97, key frames at Automatic, every 24, or All, with the quality at Best and multi-pass encoding and it still did not work.

I also tried to export it as a Quicktime move and then try and fix it in Compressor, but still nothing.

If you have any suggestions on what could be the problem and how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Exporting from FCExp to Compressor then put it into DVDSP
on Dec 8, 2008 at 8:09:35 am

The lines you see are interlacing, I think, you haven't given any information about what format you are working with.

If it is interlacing you are seeing then there's no reason to HAVE to get rid of them for DVD. Deinterlacing will generally reduce quality.

Return to posts index

Keith Carlson
on Dec 8, 2008 at 4:04:30 pm

Thank you. The format is SD. So if I don't de-interlace it and it still has the line in it after I burn the DVD and watch it on a regular TV, what do I do if the lines are still there?

Keith A. Carlson
DP/ Editor
MindShattering Creations

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Dec 8, 2008 at 4:10:27 pm

SD what?

SD DV?

SD VHS?

Regular TVs are interlaced, they expect to receive an interlace signal (or rather they expect to receive a picture with 'lines')

Just to be clear, are we taking about a single line of a series of lines like a combing effect?

Return to posts index

Keith Carlson
on Dec 8, 2008 at 4:23:05 pm

It is SD DV. The lines are more of a combing effect. What would happen if it was played on an HDTV.

Keith A. Carlson
DP/ Editor
MindShattering Creations

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Dec 8, 2008 at 4:29:58 pm

Either the DVD player would deinterlace it or the HDTV would, same as it would if you fed it a regular TV channel.

With the latest (and very low cost) upscaling DVD players from the likes of Samsung you might get better results than letting the HDTV do it. All depends on the make, model and spec.

Return to posts index

Keith Carlson
on Dec 8, 2008 at 4:36:32 pm

Thank you for your help. I will try it when I get back to my office tonight. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Keith A. Carlson
DP/ Editor
MindShattering Creations

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]