FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression program recommendations

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Durham
Compression program recommendations
on Dec 3, 2008 at 9:03:50 pm

Hi all. I am looking for the best solution to create 16x9 Flash movies at 768x432 and 512x288 sizes. I would prefer to use Quicktime movies but my clients require Flash. I've seen that H.264 movies can play in Flash 9 but honestly I have no idea how to make that happen. So I'm looking for the best Flash movie solution for quality and player size. Also the recommendations on the best flash movie player to use.

I own Sorenson Squeeze 5 and Compressor but I wondered if some of you with much more compression experience than I can recommend the best compressor and workflow to use. Here are the software solution options I'm looking at:

Sorensen Squeeze 5 with On2 VP6 plugin
Apple Compressor
Episode Pro
DV Kitchen

Here are the Flash movie players I've found so far:
Flowplayer 3.0
JW Media Player

Any suggestions on which compressor to use and which Flash Player to use are most appreciated. And any workflow suggestions or links to effective compression workflow tutorials are also appreciated.

I'm hoping to come up with a stand workflow process for handling all our web movies for clients and demos. I lease a streaming server where I can host the files so I'm looking for high quality and the broadest viewer audience acceptance as possible. Thanks for any input!

Randy

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compression program recommendations
on Dec 3, 2008 at 11:47:40 pm

Episode with the Flash Plug-in will give you the best results, if used correctly. How much better than Squeeze is debatable and very much source dependent.

Return to posts index

Terry Griffey
Re: Compression program recommendations
on Dec 5, 2008 at 7:31:32 am

I agree with Daniel and also have had very good results with Episode Pro with the Flash option.
Terry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]