FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor "quick start" guide?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eoin Ryan
Compressor "quick start" guide?
on Nov 20, 2008 at 5:17:07 pm

I'm new to Compressor and DVD Studio Pro. I currently use iDVD. (shooting PAL Canon XL2 16:9 50i). Burning to standard DVDs using a MacPro.

I have the Apple learning book for DVDSPro but before diving in I'd like to see a quick and easy result that I can view on my 42" plasma TV. Is there any webpage someone can direct me to which is basic step 1 - 2 - 3. Just so I can view a quick result exporting from FCPro to Compressor and then into DVDSPro.

And while I'm at it, this is how I burn DVDs at the moment, if anyone can tell me I'm wrong and offer an alternative, that would be great, thanks: shoot PAL 50i SD with Canon XL2 in 16:9. Edit anamorphically in Final Cut Pro timeline. Export as a FCPro quicktime file to desktop. Drop that into iDVD 8 professional encode and burn the SD DVD. Any tips to make the DVD image better. Is it just SD that looks bad, or can I remove some slight pixellation that I'm seeing by compressing? (Not too knowledgeable about compression).

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compressor "quick start" guide?
on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:12:24 pm

For free visit

If you want better and are willing to pay go to

Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying 'thanks' is free!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved