FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorenson Squeeze Output Looks Filmy...

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Liles
Sorenson Squeeze Output Looks Filmy...
on Nov 18, 2008 at 8:12:55 pm

Hey all. I output a QT movie file in 720x480, looked correct when played back. Then I needed to export it through Sorenson Squeeze and it needed to be MPEG-2 video and audio. However, the output looks filmy. When people move, it looks as if it might not be the correct frame rate, but it is.

Here are the settings I am using : http://www.isarapix.org/pix0/1227038747.png

Please let me know if you can think of a fix! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Sorenson Squeeze Output Looks Filmy...
on Nov 19, 2008 at 12:11:16 am

What is your source format ?

Return to posts index

Jordan Liles
on Nov 19, 2008 at 3:56:31 pm

When I say "filmy" I mean it looks as if it isn't running at a full 29.97 or 30 frames per second. It has a different look colorwise in that it looks like it was shot on film and not on a tape. It was shot on tape.

When I go to movie info on the source, it says:

Apple DV, 720x480 (640x480), Millions
16-bit Integer (Big Endian), Stereo, 48,000kHz
Movie FPS: 29.97

I wanted to output from my original machine in Avid DV Quicktime format, but Sorenson (upon seeing a file using Avid DV as the video codec) puts the file in the Failed Source folder immediately. It doesn't try to convert it. So I did not choose "Use Avid DV Codec" in Avid when exporting my original file.

I'm exporting the MPEG-2 file to our tv station 24 hour system that plays shows on cue. We just recently bought Sorenson Squeeze.

This any help?

Return to posts index

Marlon Diaz
on Nov 19, 2008 at 5:11:15 pm

which version of SS u have?
what is the length of your video?
what source info you read on ur avid timeline sequence before you did the output to QT?

seems from what im reading your flow is wrong. You said you already output a QT movie file in 720x480 straight from your avid machine correct? meaning its already compressed to a quicktime apple format, then you want to compress again in SS to mpeg2. Why not try and export just your sequence from Avid and import it to SS and compress to mepg2?

Im not a avid editor but in FCP you can export a copy of your sequence (timeline), which I then import it in either Apple Compressor or Sorenson 4.5

Miami, FL

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Nov 19, 2008 at 7:46:28 pm

How are you viewing the MPEG-2 output?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]