FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor: killing jobs and resetting que

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Wiley
Compressor: killing jobs and resetting que
on Nov 3, 2008 at 10:55:00 pm

I'm not sure this is write forum to post, but if anyone here is familiar with Apple Compressor:

We're finding that batch jobs, once started, are almost impossible to kill or delete. Clicking on the "X" icon in the batch window brings up a cryptic "cancelling" message, which usually leads to nothing happening (Compressor goes into limbo).

What are the foolproof ways to:

1. Kill a compressor job stone dead,
2. Purge the compressor window of past jobs (so far only thing I know of is the "reset background processing" menu item.

Thanks!

2d isn't dead yet!

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
Re: Compressor: killing jobs and resetting que
on Nov 5, 2008 at 1:43:14 am

You can try "Clear History" in the history window to get rid of completed jobs, etc. I'm working with people who are also using Compressor, and at one point, it would just say "Unknown Time Remaining" and never do anything. I realized someone had started a job several days prior, and never canceled properly, so it would just wait forever. I found out because I went into the history and found it working away on some other job.

Sometimes it's good to kill the Preferences for Compressor/Batch Monitor to really clean out the cache. It's obviously best to do this when you're not in the middle of work. It's good to do a preference dump, and then Reset Background Processing once you're back in. If I'm not mistaken, you'll find Preferences in the user > Library > Preferences > here you'll find lots of Preferences, including Compressor and Batch Monitor. It will rebuild the files after you have trashed them, and have gone back in/worked.

I hope this helps. When I hit the "X", it usually takes a couple seconds, and then cancels, depending on how many jobs are going at once. The more jobs, the longer it will take, in general.

-Keith

My Weekly Comic for TV Techs: http://fpscomic.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]