FORUMS: list search recent posts

need advise on settings to convert FCP/HDV footage to Flash format with SS 4.5

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marlon Diaz
need advise on settings to convert FCP/HDV footage to Flash format with SS 4.5
on Oct 30, 2008 at 4:47:21 pm

hello COW members: I shot a live disco concert 2 months ago, multicam editing done in Final Cut Pro 6.04. My client is going to upload each video performance clip to his website (http://www.miamidiscofever.com), i exported my quicktime movie from FCP into Compressor and made my quicktime videos but the size is to big (120Mb), thats what the web designer said ok so he ask to keep it around 30-60MB which is okay if i convert to Flash. Now here is the question, I use sorenson squeeze 4.5, and i select "VP6 1 mbps" the file is fine to me but i want to ask to make sure i got everything checked.

Is there any specific setting i should know about that you guys set to make the flash file to fit perfect on a website?

formats, flv and swf for website: another question -
is a SWF format size suppose to be in KB size? i encoded my fcp quicktime movies in SS4.5 selecting the SWF format with VP6 1 mbps. Selecting the FLV makes the size between 30-60MB depending on the length of the video and playback is fine.

Thanks in advance,
Marlon

FYI:
disco concert was shot with 6 Canon XL-H1, HDV 30f, the capture went thru firewire to FCP. Quality is amazing!

Equipment:
Powermac G5 QUAD, 6.5 RAM, 30 inch Cinema HD Display, lots of Hard drives.

Miami, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]