FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD conversion to suitable format for web streaming

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt heeley
DVD conversion to suitable format for web streaming
on Oct 29, 2008 at 11:35:18 am

Hey there,

I have a project that i need some advice on!

I need to extract film footage from DVD (that i have the rights to), and convert it into a format that is suitable to use as 3min preview clips on my company's website.

Can anyone advise me on the best format/ways of conversion?

Is flash an option? or does it have to be .WMV ?

I have Adobe Premier Pro.. can i use that to convert the .VOB files into a suitable format?

Any advice on this would really be very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance

Matt

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: DVD conversion to suitable format for web streaming
on Oct 29, 2008 at 2:46:11 pm

http://handbrake.fr/

MPEG-4 is probably your best route but it depends on your audience.

Return to posts index

Jim Gunn
Re: DVD conversion to suitable format for web streaming
on Nov 2, 2008 at 5:30:34 am

If you want the best quality video from a DVD I would recommend this workflow. Use DVD Decrypter to extract the VOB files from the DVD to your hard drive, then DVD2AVI to convert them to uncompressed AVIs plus a .wav of the DVD's audio file. This process will create a large number of very big AVI files. Then add these AVI files in sequence and the wav files to a Premiere Pro timeline to do any editing and then output to a DV AVI file from Premiere Pro. Then you can encode to any final format that you want in a full featured video encoding app like Cleaner XL 1.5 which can add your watermarks if necessary and make the WMVs, Quicktime, MPEG, Flash, Real or whatever other formats that you need at any frame size or bitrate. I have achieve great quality results this way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]