FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing HD source to SD for projection

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Sharp
Compressing HD source to SD for projection
on Oct 23, 2008 at 8:22:33 pm

I am compressing HD video from an FCP sequence to standard def, for projection. All of my attempts so far look really bad! Any tips?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compressing HD source to SD for projection
on Oct 23, 2008 at 9:56:07 pm

"Any tips?"

Yup,

Provide us with much more information, and/or search this forum. HD to SD workflow with FCP has been covered loads and loads and loads of times.

We can't really guess at what HD format have, what other software you are using, what you've already tried, what was wrong with what you tried, and what SD format you are trying to end up with.

Return to posts index

Sarah Sharp
on Oct 23, 2008 at 10:42:36 pm

Okay, sorry, it's been frenzied here. So I am working w/ HDV in an FCP sequence set for HDV 1080i60. which honestly looks a little artifacty already. I was not around during import and original editing.

I am trying to compress to SD (like NTSC DV) and have used Compressor to a QT w/ dv/dvcpro ntsc codec,apple intermediate codec and even photojpeg @ 720 x 480, square pixels and NTSC. All of them look super chunky and seem blurred when i add ade-interlace filter in QT pro!!

I need it to run smoothly with an app called Isadora on a Mac mini, which from experience has trouble handling big video files. Will be projected on a Hitachi CP X444 - LCD projector native res: 1024 x 768. My current work around is to output to H.264 codec but much file smaller size?? Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Oct 23, 2008 at 11:28:04 pm

There are a whole bunch of threads I've answered in the forum recently covering the same subject, one starts a few threads below this one....

See how you go with those and if you still have problems or you don't understand something, then there's a bunch of people more than happy to help

Return to posts index

Sarah Sharp
on Oct 24, 2008 at 12:23:24 am

Daniel Thanks! I found two postings deep in the forum that I hope hold the answer!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]