FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting Squeeze 4.3 to Launch at Startup AND start watch folders

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Duprey
Getting Squeeze 4.3 to Launch at Startup AND start watch folders
on Oct 22, 2008 at 4:18:23 pm

Hey there. We just set up a compression station (an HP xw8200 - Windows XP, SP2) running Sorenson Squeeze 4.3.302.4. We've got watch folders set up on our network, and we just drop quicktime reference files into the appropriate folder and let Squeeze do its thing. It works great.

This may be more of a Windows question, but here goes: I know there's a way to get Squeeze to launch when the workstation is booted, but is there any way to get Squeeze to open up the Watch Folder projects that live on the desktop (4x3.wfj and 16x9.wfj), and get them to start "squeezing" (watching)? Some sort of script that could be written?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Getting Squeeze 4.3 to Launch at Startup AND start watch folders
on Oct 23, 2008 at 2:45:55 am

Place a shortcut to squeeze in the startup folder to get Windows to launce what booting. If the "watch" feature is launced from squeeze, then there should be a setting in the preferences for that. If there is a seperat utility to launch watch with, put a shortcut to that in the same startup directory. Hope this helps. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Aaron Duprey
on Oct 23, 2008 at 7:17:59 pm

In doing some more searching, it doesn't sound like it's possible. I found this thread on Sorenson's site.

http://www.sorensonmedia.com/forum/?pageID=156

Hopefully it'll be a feature that gets added at some point.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Oct 23, 2008 at 10:00:11 pm

I guess the simplest method is to never shut down your workstation. The only time I do that is if Windows forces me to re-boot or it has a panic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]