FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing DV codec in Procoder 3

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Roberts
Changing DV codec in Procoder 3
on Oct 20, 2008 at 7:37:34 pm

Can anyone please let me know how to change the DV codec associated with an AVI file in Procoder 3? I have the necessary codecs installed. I can only see options for Canopus and Microsoft...

Thanks

Julian

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Changing DV codec in Procoder 3
on Oct 20, 2008 at 9:14:19 pm

The Canopus DV Codec is regarded to be one of the best, why would you want to use something else?

What one are wanting to use?

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Oct 23, 2008 at 7:38:42 pm

Daniel

I agree with you in relation to the quality of Canopus codecs. However, my system is a Matrox RT.X2 running Premiere Pro. To work in real time, I am likely to have to use the Matrox codec.

Regards

Julian

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Oct 23, 2008 at 9:32:36 pm

I'm not sure on this but I'd suggest that as the DV codec is tied to the Matrox hardware, that's the reason why its not available to the encoder. Best check with Canopus or Matrox

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Oct 24, 2008 at 8:12:23 pm

Although if you select 'storage' as opposed to 'AVI' all the Matrox codecas (and others) are accessible...

If I select Quicktime, I can encode to anything, including the Avid codecs I have on my system...

I just can't find a way of recoding an AVI to anything but Canopus or MS. But there must be a way. The P3 marekting material states quite clearly that you can re-purpose to any VFW codec.

Perhaps Canopus could chime in here with some definitive advice.

Julian

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Oct 24, 2008 at 8:43:33 pm

I'd email them direct, I'm pretty sure nobody from there visits here!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]