FORUMS: list search recent posts

flip4mac - creating wmv's

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boris Jaensch
flip4mac - creating wmv's
on Oct 18, 2008 at 4:27:17 pm

Hi,

I'm using flip4mac studio pro to create emailable wmv's that I can send to my clients for approval because they are, rather annoyingly, unable to view .mp4's on their PC.

I just don't seem to be able to create crisp interlaced video though and it's driving me round the bend. The text just looks sh@t!

Can anyone tell me the best settings to create the following:

320x180 wmv using flip4mac studio pro
Exporting from Final Cut Studio 2
I need to keep it under 10mb and the text graphics need to be crisp.

Thanks,
Boris Jaensch

Return to posts index

Ed Dooley
Re: flip4mac - creating wmv's
on Oct 18, 2008 at 9:53:29 pm

Why do you want to export an interlaced video? It will be played on a computer monitor (I assume from the size you've chosen) which doesn't play interlaced well. De-interlace the video and it will look much better. Compressor and other compreesion programs all have de-interlacing built in.
Ed

Return to posts index

Boris Jaensch
on Oct 19, 2008 at 10:10:17 pm

Thanks for the message.

I'm editing PAL DV in FCP which is lower field and interlaced. When flip4mac outputs progressive all the graphics look shit because half the fields are missing, unlike mp4, which outputs a crisp intelaced image at low data rates.

Anyone know how to get the same result with flip4mac?

Return to posts index

Ed Dooley
on Oct 20, 2008 at 1:05:58 am

So. are you saying you can't export an interlaced WMV video with F4M? If you're using FCP, why not use Compressor to create the progressive video using F4M and Frame Controls? Dop a search of the FCP forum (maybe this one too) for a recipe. Creating your WMV in Compressor might be the the best way to get good graphics (and progressive, web-friendly video).
Check out F4M's site. here's one of their links:
http://www.flip4mac.com/pdfs/WMV_Compressor2_Guide.pdf
Ed

[Boris Jaensch] "I'm editing PAL DV in FCP which is lower field and interlaced. When flip4mac outputs progressive all the graphics look shit because half the fields are missing, unlike mp4, which outputs a crisp intelaced image at low data rates.

Anyone know how to get the same result with flip4mac?"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]