FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with my FCP sequence compressing in Sorenson Squeeze

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredy Schwerdtner
Problems with my FCP sequence compressing in Sorenson Squeeze
on Oct 15, 2008 at 9:06:29 pm

I'm editing some clips in FCP 6 that were filmed in DVCAM-720/480 NTSC Anamorphic (16:9). I will have to delivery everything compressed to be streammed on a website. The webmaster and the owner of the site choose to use the Sorenson Squeeze Soft. and elaborated the settings that I must use.They have choosen for H264 using the Main Concept Codec.
The problem is that when I export the sequence from FCP, as QT or even as DVCPRO and put it in Squeeze, the movies come compressed with spasms of pixalization. First I've thought that it could be because of the settings or the use of that Main Concept Codec because I did a test using the Apple codec and it didn't happen. A friend of mine did a test for me in his computer using the same settings in my movie and in another one of his library. It only occurs on my videos. What is happening with my sequences ? Is there an incompatibility between that codec and QT or anamorphic videos ?
PS.: The settings has a Multi pass method and when we change to 1vbr or 1 cbr, it doesn't compress with the spasms but quality decreases ...

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Problems with my FCP sequence compressing in Sorenson Squeeze
on Oct 15, 2008 at 11:03:08 pm

Export as a Quicktime Movie using current settings not as a Quicktime conversion. Do NOT re-compress your movie, especially to another codec.

This subject has been covered quite a few times in this forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]