FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorenson flv (mp3) audio not recognised by QT?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Powell
Sorenson flv (mp3) audio not recognised by QT?
on Oct 1, 2008 at 8:23:55 am

I'm on Tiger 10.4.11 and have Perian(0.5) installed.

I've created .flv files using Sorenson Squeeze(4.5). I can see the resulting video ok, but the audio doesn't play in Quicktime(7.5.5) or MPEG Streamclip(1.9.2).

In QT Movie Inspector it is actually listed as there, i.e. "MPEG Layer 3, Stereo, 44.100 kHz TrueMotion VP6 Decoder, 480 x 368, Unknown" and in MPEG SC Stream Info as "MPEG Layer-3 Audio stereo, 44.1 kHz, 128 kbps" - but there's no sound, and there's no activity in the audio bars in QT window.

However, the audio DOES play back ok in SorensonFlvPlayer (included with SS4.5).

Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Sorenson flv (mp3) audio not recognised by QT?
on Oct 1, 2008 at 9:49:50 am

For what it's worth I have had to deal with a lot of machines that have had problems like this after installing Perian and others that have had no problems with it whatsoever.

I assume that all your other MP3s play in QuickTime and MPEG SC ok?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 1, 2008 at 2:15:05 pm

Try Perian 1.1.1 (just released). I find Perian had been the source of many plugin conflicts in the past so I move it in/out or Quicktime as needed.

Have you tried the stand alone Adobe Media Player? They do have one now, finally.

Return to posts index

Harry Powell
on Oct 1, 2008 at 4:00:43 pm

I updated from Perian 0.5 to 1.1.1 and... it has fixed it! I was also getting odd faults around the edge of the flv image, and it has fixed that too.

I downloaded Perian for the first time only a couple of days ago, so don't understand how I ended up with 0.5. Or perhaps it has just jumped from 0.5 to 1.1.1?

BIG BIG THANKS Dan and especially Craig!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]