FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression for Blu-ray

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith brooke
Compression for Blu-ray
on Sep 16, 2008 at 1:11:57 pm

I have successfully burned HD footage to a DVDR and played it backi n HD using a Sony Bu-Ray player.
I used Toast 9 with HD/BD plugin. My footage came directly off my Canon HF11 camcorder, which was already AVCHD at 1920x1080. I just dragged the MTS file right from my camera's folder, into the toast window, selected a menu and it burned a menu driven HD disk on a 25 cent dvdr. Thats the good news! Now my question is how to convert footage from DVCpro HD 720 or 1080i or HDV footage to work on a dvdr in a Blu-Ray player. I tried using Toast9 encoder, but got errors. I tried transcoding in compressor to h.264, also got errors when Toast tried to re-encode.
Anybody find a workflow? Im sure there are alot of people who would love to burn their short format HD content to a dvdr to play on a blu-ray Player.

Return to posts index

Christian Stoehr
Re: Compression for Blu-ray
on Sep 18, 2008 at 4:18:06 am

I have the same problem, I get a error saying file "00001.m2ts could not be accessed. Data fork -39
Is that what you are getting ?

Return to posts index

keith brooke
Re: Compression for Blu-ray
on Sep 18, 2008 at 7:36:39 pm

I am not getting the same error. It sounds like you are getting a directory error finding your file. Toast 9 crashes when it tries to RE-encode the h264 files I make. I am looking to encode my HDV & dvcpro HD files to the same format that Canon or Sony use to create their AVCHD files. These files just pass thru toast without encoding. They can then be burned to a dvd or blu-ray disk to be played in a blu-ray desktop machine. I have tried Compressor, Quicktime pro, and episode pro without any luck. The HDV & dvcproHD files I recompressed with toast directly, definatly take a quality hit when played on my Blu-ray player!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]