FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can crop out action-safe areas AND resize to 320x240 in expression encoder or otherwise?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chon teck
Can crop out action-safe areas AND resize to 320x240 in expression encoder or otherwise?
on Aug 29, 2008 at 1:54:26 pm

Hi All,

I need to compress a 768x576 avi into a 320x240 wmv using expression encoder 2.

However, I would also like to crop out the action-safe areas of the source avi file (about 5% on each of the four sides) so that the 320x240 output file gets "closer" to the action.

My efforts so far have not been successful since in expression encoder, I have been able to do only either resize or crop but not both at the same time (The cropping seems to override the resize options).

Can anyone suggest a solution or an alternative using other software?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Can crop out action-safe areas AND resize to 320x240 in expression encoder or otherwise?
on Aug 29, 2008 at 2:55:26 pm

In the Crop settings under video profile, do you have 'Sync Size to crop' checked?

Return to posts index

chon teck
Re: Can crop out action-safe areas AND resize to 320x240 in expression encoder or otherwise?
on Sep 2, 2008 at 1:16:02 am

Update:

Thanks Daniel!
Was confused by what seemed to be repeated settings in the interface.

Here's what worked:

(1)In Video Profile>Crop, 'Sync Size to crop' needs to be deselected
(2) In Video Profile>Crop, specify the amount and positioning of crop as needed
(3) In BOTH Profile>Video and Video Profile>Size, enter output resolution as needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]