FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor locking up

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Yonaitis
Compressor locking up
on Aug 22, 2008 at 12:50:15 am

Hi-

I've been using FCP 6.0.1 and Compressor 3.0.1 to export large quantities of commercial spots for web. I usually capture a bunch of spots during the day, then start a large batch export through Compressor using H.264 compression right before I leave for the day. Nearly time time without fail, however, I come into work the next morning and find that Compressor has locked up; a few spots have completed, but one random commercial has just stopped at some random point during the night, no reported error. The progress bar has just stopped in the middle of the job. I find that a workaround is to quit Batch Monitor and quit FCP, then in Compressor to reset background processing, then re-open FCP and it will immediately begin, starting off from where it stopped.

Is there any way (other than software update) to fix this annoying bug from happening?

Thanks,

Ed

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compressor locking up
on Aug 25, 2008 at 9:42:19 pm

Ed,

I have no answer for you. Many users of compressor (including myself) have ditched the application and moved on due to issues just like this.

Return to posts index

Ed Yonaitis
on Aug 27, 2008 at 5:59:45 pm

Really? What's your preferred program?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Aug 27, 2008 at 6:34:50 pm

Episode from Telestream.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>