FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended Compression software?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Tarry
Recommended Compression software?
on Aug 19, 2008 at 5:14:02 pm

Hello, I've heard about Sorensen Squeeze. I need compression for the web and making a quality of my short films. I see Sorensen 5 and 4.5 for Flash. Looks like 5 is a full suite. Your thoughts? Thanks - Raymond

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Recommended Compression software?
on Aug 19, 2008 at 9:38:55 pm

You haven't mentioned your chosen operating system or workflow, however I'd personally recommend Telestream Episode for Mac and either Procoder from Grass Valley or CarbonCoder from Rhozet for PC.

Squeeze is not bad, just not as good and rather limited when compared to the above. It does however present a good starting point for a beginner to encoding who may find the range of options available in the other packages a bit overwhelming. All the packages come with fairly well designed presets to get you going.

Have a look through this forum for the experiences and issues others have had with Squeeze.

Return to posts index

Raymond Tarry
on Aug 20, 2008 at 3:18:53 am

Hi and thanks for your reply. I use a PC with Premiere Pro as my editor. I just found GRASS VALLEY PROCODER 3 on the web. It's in my price range for $359.00. CarbonCoder looked WAY more expensive.
How would you say GRASS VALLEY PROCODER 3 is compared to Sqeeze in learning curve?
Thanks - Raymond

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Aug 20, 2008 at 6:55:59 am

I'd say it's easier and more intuitive.

Return to posts index

Raymond Tarry
on Aug 21, 2008 at 2:43:37 pm

Ok, I'm sold, in fact I bought Encoder 3 last night for $359 from PowderKeg.com I figure I can grow into it. Thanks for the good advice - Raymond

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]