FORUMS: list search recent posts

Episode Pro - Audio levels

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jen Casson
Episode Pro - Audio levels
on Aug 7, 2008 at 7:44:02 pm

We are in the processes of getting certified on DG Fastchannels' Drop Box.

I am using Episode Pro to do the encoding - and was provided a template by Flip 4 Mac which supposedly meets the DG Fastchannel SD specs. I uploaded a test and everything looked good except for the audio. It was too hot - at +5db. When I went to check my timeline in FCP - the audio there peaks at -10db, and the QT movie I exported and used to do the encode also peaked at -10db.

What I can't confirm is what the encode spits out (since VLC player doesn't have meters).

I did confirm that in my encoding setting in Episode Pro, the "Volume" setting is not checked. However, the channels is checked and is converting to "Stereo" even though what I'm exporting from FCP is a stereo mix.

Any idea why Episode Pro would adjust my audio?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Episode Pro - Audio levels
on Aug 7, 2008 at 10:14:07 pm

Don't confuse FCP's digital audio meters with the way DG measures audio (using analog standards for whatever reason). I use Episode for DG and there's a good chance I designed the preset.

See this discussion which just scratches the surface.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1574574&tstart=91

Return to posts index

Jen Casson
Re: Episode Pro - Audio levels
on Aug 11, 2008 at 3:22:30 pm

My levels in FCP peak at -10db. So in the conversion to analog - shouldn't this level be safe and not peak over 0 in analog world?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]