FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting .ts from compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Egen Amas
Exporting .ts from compressor
on Aug 1, 2008 at 3:10:07 pm

Hi all,

i am trying to export from final cut using compressor, an mpeg2 transport stream that will contain encoded h.264 video...any hints on how to achive this would be really helpfull.

thank you

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Exporting .ts from compressor
on Aug 1, 2008 at 7:19:18 pm

I could be wrong but I don't think this is possible.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 3, 2008 at 4:29:02 pm

In Compressor, in the Inspector set File Format to MPEG-2, set Stream Usage to Generic, in Extras select Multiiplexed MPEG-1/Layer 2 Audio and check the Transport stream radio button. That'll get you an .m2t (MPEG2 Transport Stream). It won't "contain" H264 but you can certainly use H264 source to convert to MPEG2 Transport Stream.

Episode Pro has many more controls. You can set it to encode H264 as an MPEG-TS. You can download a free trial
http://www.flip4mac.com/episode_download.htm
Keep in mind it's a $900 program but if you're doing the kind of targeting the above indicates it's worth the money. Just bill your clients accordingly.

Return to posts index

Egen Amas
on Aug 4, 2008 at 1:21:10 pm

thank you both for your answers. So to achieve my goal i need a third party tool.

I am thinking to try with mainconcept reference

http://www.mainconcept.com

Have you tried it?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 4, 2008 at 2:18:21 pm

I'm using Episode Pro because of its flexibility as well as broad input and output codec support. I certainly think MainConcept will get you there too but I believe it'll cost quite a bit more to get the same broad codec support as Episode Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]