FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 852 x 480 to 720 x 480

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Queezy Buzell
Converting 852 x 480 to 720 x 480
on Jul 21, 2008 at 5:02:19 pm

Question for any conversion masters out there.

I have a 852x480 clip that I need to desperately resize to a 720x480 clip. The original animation file is a full uncompressed .mov that I can use as a 720x480 .avi OR .mov.

I have tried After Effects, Sorenson Squeeze as well as Premiere Pro's Media Encoder but each time I get a really fuzzy looking image.

The final output for this piece will be DVD...but if it looks fuzzy on my computer monitir...I can imagine how it would look on a standard set.

I am taking any and all suggestions b/c I am truly stumped. Please help if you can.

Queezy aka Sherard D.

God 1st!

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Converting 852 x 480 to 720 x 480
on Jul 22, 2008 at 2:32:22 am

Seems to me that this clip is a widescreen SD movie file. If you bring this clip into your standard MPEG2 compressor, or just bring it into your authoring app it should recognize it as a widescreen clip. You would specify that you want the track to be widescreen and it should look and play like a widescreen clip.

Make sense?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Queezy Buzell
Re: Converting 852 x 480 to 720 x 480
on Jul 22, 2008 at 2:16:58 pm

Right.

I think I have left an important part out...this clip has to be edited with SD 60i footage. When you pull this clip into a 720x480 project it has to be rendered, shrunk, or it's stretched...whenever I try any of these 3 methods...I always come away with a fuzzy 720x480 clip. Right size...poor quality...and that;s essentially the issue.

How do I reduce the size of the clip while maintaining a similar quality as the uncompressed .mov....this is the question.

God 1st!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]