FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best settings HD project to SD DVD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Merten
Best settings HD project to SD DVD
on Jul 5, 2008 at 8:27:13 pm

I edited a 720P project in Premiere Pro CS3 and need to make a wide screen SD DVD in Encore. I've tried many different settings but the results are mediocre at best. If anyone has any sugestions on how to improve these results I would greatly appreciate it...

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Best settings HD project to SD DVD
on Jul 6, 2008 at 9:38:03 pm

What setting have you tired?

Encore is not the greatest MPEG-2 transcoder out there, by a fair margin.

Return to posts index

Philip Merten
on Jul 6, 2008 at 9:54:17 pm

I set it to MPEG2 DVD in the Premiere Media Encoder window and put it on the highest quality setting. Then I would take that MPEG2 file and import it into Encore. Can you recomend a better way?
Thanks..

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jul 6, 2008 at 10:15:12 pm

Can you detail exactly what you don't like about what it produces and how you have viewed those results?

Return to posts index

Philip Merten
on Jul 6, 2008 at 10:25:06 pm

There are a lot artifacts and noise especially on the wide scenes. I did another experiment by rendering the whole project to a quicktime file using the H264 codec set at 100% quality in Premiere. Then I took that file and converted it to an MPEG2 DVD file in Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 and then imported the mpeg file into Encore. There I noticed an improvement. Any sugestions to improve upon this?
Regards, Philip

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jul 6, 2008 at 10:52:52 pm

There's no real point in introducing another step like going to QT H.264 (which isn't a great AVC codec).

Have you made sure that Encore is not trying to deinterlace your progressive footage?

Try a demo of Procoder and compare the results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]