FORUMS: list search recent posts

settings based on file size priority

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Gordoni
settings based on file size priority
on Jul 2, 2008 at 7:20:10 pm

Does Sorensen Squeeze have any way to make the file size a priority.

I have to create an FLV and a WMV each week that cannot exceed a specific file size.

Is there anyway to create a preset that says create the highest quality file with out exceeding x file size?

Thanks,
Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: settings based on file size priority
on Jul 2, 2008 at 7:49:52 pm

Given that file size is a result of data rate and duration, you could do the math.
If you Google you'll find there's lots of free calculators online.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jul 2, 2008 at 9:06:40 pm

I seem to remember that cleaner used to have the ability to work to a final file size. It rarely got it spot on.

Start here

Once you have got a bitrate calculated, you'll still need to use trial and error to get the optimum result, but after a while you'll get a feel for it, especially if you keep a note of your jobs.

Return to posts index

Don Gordoni
on Jul 2, 2008 at 10:12:09 pm

Thanks for the feedback, since my show varies with the type of content from week to week (some shows have lots of motion, others very little) I usually have to make a few attempts to get the best quality with the file size limitations. I'll take a look at the calculators and in the meanwhile I guess the least problematic way to go about it for me is to make a couple of presets in the ballpark and hope that one gets on base. Then I can delete the too small or too large files and enjoy the one that is just right.

Thanks,
Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]