I was working on a project that I decided I wanted to add some music to inside of AE (CS3). I ended up rendering it out uncompressed and was going to then bring it in to Squeeze (4.2) and compress it as an HD 1080 avi. I noticed two odd things when I attempted this and was wondering if anyone with Squeeze experience could figure out why:
First, when I imported the uncompressed video with audio, I noticed that for one reason or another, I get a blank screen in my preview window. Scrubbing through the timeline does not change this: I simply cannot see the video from my file.
Second, the render time for two identical videos (one with the music and one without) is insane. Without music it clocks in at around a 15 minute compression job. With music it balloons to over 6 hours (and basically fails before it completes).
Is there something I'm doing to the uncompressed file before opening it up with Squeeze? Or is it possible that Squeeze doesn't like video that was rendered with audio in wav format? I'm at a loss.
The audio was originally CD that had been converted to an mp3. I then took the mp3 and converted it to a wav file. When I was rendering the file out from AE, I basically used the default settings (Video for Windows Media I think....no compression). The audio I tried both 44100 and 48000 at 16-bit stereo.
When I brought it into Squeeze I used the Windows Media format HD 1080 Hi preset. I used the defaults for the audio and video codecs. I think the only things I changed was to add a lighten filter and set my keyframing to 150. In fact, I didn't change any of the audio settings at all.
I've also tried to compress it with the CD preset, I think the 756 streaming preset, and a couple others. In all cases, when I import my uncompressed file from AE, the symptoms described before will occur. That's why I thought it might be some setting or hotkey that I pressed by accident or something. I can give you more specifics about exact values once I get home from work. Thanks.
First thing is that you have gone through far too may steps in the audio conversion. MP3 to wav to windows media to another windows media setting is destroying your audio. Just use the MP3 or re-rip to wav.
Secondly, check and double check all the all the multifarious settings in AE for comp, project and export settings. Try exporting using another HD uncompressed format like Quicktime
Lastly, if you to deliver Windows media, try using Windows Media Encoder (its free) or try another HD format for output from Squeeze like MPEG4/H.264.
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying 'thanks' is free!