FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP QuickTime Export - Is there any loss?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Gardner
FCP QuickTime Export - Is there any loss?
on Jun 30, 2008 at 9:06:32 pm

In Final Cut Pro, I've captured a piece of footage, pulled it on to the timeline and made a simple edit of shaving a few seconds off the front and tail end of the clip. If I export the clip as a self-contained movie, is there any information loss to the remaining footage?

Its important that I keep as much information as possible even if the loss is not visibly perceivable, because I plan to compress it further later on.

What do you think? Is there any loss?

Thanks so much for your responses!

Darren
(P.S. I've also posted this question on the FCP forum. Thanks!)

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: FCP QuickTime Export - Is there any loss?
on Jul 1, 2008 at 2:58:31 pm

Google for "Quicktime H.264 Gamma". There's a whole bunch of stuff out there about it.

But to save you time, here's a fix:

After you create the QuickTime/h.264 file, open it up in QuickTime and select "Show Movie Properties." Highlight the video track then click on the "Visual Settings" tab. Towards the bottom left you should see "Transparency" with a drop-down box next to it. Select "Blend" from the menu then move the "Transparency Level" slider to 100%. Right after that, choose "Straight Alpha" from the same drop-down and close the properties window. AND finally, "Save."

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: FCP QuickTime Export - Is there any loss?
on Jul 1, 2008 at 3:32:01 pm

Whoops! Right answer to the wrong post! sorry!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]