FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorenson 3 out of sync problem

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sue rothberg
Sorenson 3 out of sync problem
on Jun 28, 2008 at 9:28:49 pm

hello,
i use sorenson 3 to make qt movies directly from final cut pro. never had a problem until recently when i noticed the audio is a few frames ahead of the video. i tried compressing different sequences and different running times and the same thing happens. i am exporting sorenson 3 codec..unrestricted data rate and leaving the frame rate settings as current, quality as best or high, keyframes every 24, with IMA or PCM audio as mono. i have no idea what is happening but it needs to be corrected. any suggestions???

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Sorenson 3 out of sync problem
on Jun 30, 2008 at 9:14:35 am

I'm not sure about your audio sync issue but your keyframe setting is incorrect.
You should be working to a keyframe roughly every 10 seconds of video - so if you have a 25fps video your keyframes should be every 250. You never know, this may sort our your sync issue!

Return to posts index

Ronald Armstrong
on Jul 29, 2008 at 8:52:52 pm

From what I understand while in Final Cut you will need to have your audio track start a few frames behind the picture. The problem comes from Quick Time and is a common one.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jul 29, 2008 at 10:32:46 pm

Ronald,

Sorenson 3 codec used to have to have a sync issue about 5 years ago, if you turned on b-frames and was easily fixed.

You suggestion of slipping sync in FCP may work but it's not an acceptable workaround for most editors or edits.

I think the OPs issue is something else as the Sorenson CODEC has been updated (and fixed) a few times since then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]