FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime to AVI (MPEG 4)?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Marshall
Quicktime to AVI (MPEG 4)?
on Jun 27, 2008 at 1:58:08 am

Hi:

I've completed a three minute After Effects project, rendered at 720x540, 30fps with the animation codec. The client wants me to deliver an AVI that uses Microsoft MPEG 4-V2 video compression.

I'm working on a Mac Pro, and the AVI export in Quicktime Pro doesn't offer that option. I have the option of booting into Windows with Boot Camp. Does Quicktime Pro on the Windows side allow export to the type of AVI they're looking for? If not, is there another moderately inexpensive piece of software that can covert this QT to an AVI. I downloaded a trial of A-One's converter but it only had the DivX and XviD codecs as AVI options.

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Quicktime to AVI (MPEG 4)?
on Jun 27, 2008 at 9:14:36 am

MS MPEG-4 v3 = DivX 3. Both of which are totally obsolete but may still be requested by those who having been living under a stone for a while.

Try FFMPEGX - http://www.ffmpegx.com/

Return to posts index

Shawn Marshall
Re: Quicktime to AVI (MPEG 4)?
on Jun 27, 2008 at 6:10:58 pm

Danny:

YOU DA MAN! Thanks for the reply. I don't know why the client wanted an AVI, but that's clients for you.

I downloaded and installed ffmpegx and it worked like a charm. I was able to quickly create an AVI exactly in the format they wanted. I thought for sure I'd have to get some software on the Windows side. And you can't beat the price (I'll definitely pay them the $15 registration.)

Thanks again.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]