FORUMS: list search recent posts

maintaining aspet ratio

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeffrey hoffman
maintaining aspet ratio
on Jun 26, 2008 at 8:57:50 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to batch process 3,000 video clips to a non-standard video size (477x359)via Compressor 3.02. The source clips are all different sizes and shapes. I don't need them to fill the video space just to conform and maintain their aspect ratio. I've done numerous tests, but the videos continue to 'fit to fill'. I've got the resize controls off and my custom output with square pixels. This seems like it should be easy to accomplish, but I'm failing miserably. Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: maintaining aspet ratio
on Jun 26, 2008 at 10:19:33 pm

You need to add 'Padding' to your source. Look under the Geometry settings in the Inspector.

P.S. why 477x359? It's a tricky resolution for a codec to deal with. Why not 480x360 which is a perfect size and it's spot on 4:3?

Return to posts index

jeffrey hoffman
on Jun 27, 2008 at 1:39:54 pm

Thanks for pointing out the dimension point. My question with padding is how do I know my amount of padding when my source material varies in size. Do I put it at 4:3 padding? I'll continue to experiment, thanks for the reply

Jeffrey

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jun 27, 2008 at 2:29:20 pm

IIRC just choose '4:3' padding. It should figure how much to add for each file automatically.

Return to posts index

jeffrey hoffman
on Jun 27, 2008 at 3:03:43 pm

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]