FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere to quicktime to DVD?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cassius Handoyo
Premiere to quicktime to DVD?
on Jun 25, 2008 at 2:29:42 pm

I'm doing a project using premiere, I want to render the projects to DVD... I was thinking of making a quicktime mov then rendering to DVD... Or is there any other way? I tried to use premiere's dvd encoding software and was not too happy with the result...

Is there any big difference between Sorenson3 and None compression in quicktime? I want to avoid using none as the file size becomes too large, do you think sorenson 3 will be sufficient enough?

Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Premiere to quicktime to DVD?
on Jun 25, 2008 at 3:04:39 pm

Sorenson is a highly compressed delivery-only codec. It is totally unsuitable for use as an intermediate format.

"Is there another way?"

Much will depend on what format you edit in and what formats your chosen DVD authoring application will accept.

I assume you were referring to Adobe Encore as the DVD application that gave you unacceptable results. It is probably worth posting your issues with it on the Encore forum to see if anyone can achieve better output: http://forums.creativecow.net/forum/adobeencoredvd

Return to posts index

Cassius Handoyo
on Jun 26, 2008 at 7:52:18 am

thanks... For future references... what codec do you recommend for use as an intermediate? because I'll be getting videos from other people as well and I need to tell them what codec to use for rendering...

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jun 26, 2008 at 2:03:12 pm

It all depends on your workflow and the resources available to you. There is no 'one' magic intermediate codec for all purposes.

Ultimately I prefer to use the source format, avoiding an unnecessary conversions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]