FORUMS: list search recent posts

A bit of a survey… Is anyone still…

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel De Avila
A bit of a survey… Is anyone still…
on Jun 13, 2008 at 2:15:13 pm

Hello
Perhaps not the best forum to ask but...

Is anyone still creating video content for playback off CD-ROM via Adobe Director?

Not Video CD’s but Adobe Director (formally Macromedia Director) CD-Rom.

I can see using a CD-Rom to deliver video content to a user who will then copy it to their hard disk for playback. But it seems that Director based CD-Rom’s with video are really… not as predominant any more.

Web delivery of video content seems to be taking its place.

Just thought I would ask…

Many Thanks
Daniel

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: A bit of a survey… Is anyone still…
on Jun 13, 2008 at 3:06:36 pm

I've not come across a 'Director CD-ROM' project in years, seriously, they're so 1990's!

I remember hosting a small conference in London back in the early 90's (for the release of Director 3), when the then president, CEO and co-founder of Macromedia, John 'Bud' Colligan, stated that CD-ROM was simply interim delivery format we will be forced to use until the "World Wide Web" got up to speed.
He was was waaaaaaaay ahead of the curve and I wish I'd learn't lingo better!

Return to posts index

Daniel De Avila
Re: A bit of a survey… Is anyone still…
on Jun 13, 2008 at 5:19:14 pm

Hello

Yes its a bit long in the tooth for our kind of thing, still good for kiosk and games apparently. The new version is supposed to be good with interactive DVD-Videos, something that we are trying to test out. And we still get a lot of clients requesting a CD-ROM as they think it the best way to deliver their content…???

Trying to get them to deliver on the web has been a bit of a problem.

We also have some In house Director developers who know nothing but Director: are just picking up the Flash manuals and naturally don’t wish to use anything BUT Director.

Hmmm…

It all makes for some interesting Discussions.

D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]