FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression For Delivery

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brodner
Compression For Delivery
on Jun 11, 2008 at 12:49:23 pm

I just finished a 20 minute infomercial for a client who's been a real pain in my side and before I deliver the final product I was going to upload a low rez/watermarked version of it on vimeo and set the privacy so only he & I could view it. Once approved and he pays up, I'll burn the full rez video onto a DVD.

So my question is, what's a good setting to compress my video at so this guy won't be able to do anything with it? I shot this with a Sony FX1 so the entire project is HDV. For some sample clips I previously had approved by him I just crushed it down to 480x272 H264 and it looked really good. I'm just wondering if I should go even smaller. Like I said, this guy's been a pain and I really don't want to give him the final version until he pays me.

Bones

Return to posts index

Nathan Tinsley
Re: Compression For Delivery
on Jun 12, 2008 at 2:30:59 am

Did you try increasing the number of key frames? Typically the setting is AUTOMATIC but if you bump it up to 300 or 400 the bit rate goes way down and things begin to get a bit blocky! Either that or just simply lower the quality bar until it looks crappy! I know how you feel though. Give 'em an inch....! Good luck!

Return to posts index

Ed Dooley
Re: Compression For Delivery
on Jun 13, 2008 at 2:38:56 pm

Or put a "DRAFT" text layer over the video every minute or 2.
Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]