FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Pro - Can I have PRESETS with that please?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Tinsley
Quicktime Pro - Can I have PRESETS with that please?
on Jun 11, 2008 at 1:40:50 am

Hello Fellow Kompressors!

I'm working out a workflow for my TV station using FLIPCAMS(theflip.com) in the field to gather news items that just can't wait to be driven back to the station and edited! No they must be ON THE WEB muy rapido and perhaps even on the air too! So I rewatch "Weapons of Mass Compression" and I'm feelin pretty good about H.264 multipass and I'm getting down around a megabit per second for my data rate but now I have to standardize this so any reporter can do it and I realized that there doesn't seem to be a way to save my super cool PRESET like I'm used to doing in various NLEs. Is this simply not an option with QTPro? Sure I could HOPE that MOST RECENT SETTINGS keeps the settings I've used but it is a vain hope!

PS: Management is not going to buy me three licenses of Sorenson Squeeze!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Quicktime Pro - Can I have PRESETS with that please?
on Jun 11, 2008 at 11:46:45 am

There's always Apple Compressor. Comes with Final Cut Pro (actually Final Cut Studio).

Management may have to measure the cost of compression app licenses against the lost time of redoing compressions and not making it to web on time due to reporter error.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 11, 2008 at 11:48:32 am

There's always Apple Compressor. Comes with Final Cut Pro (actually Final Cut Studio).

Management may have to measure the cost of compression app licenses against the lost time of redoing compressions and not making it to web on time due to reporter error.

Return to posts index

Nathan Tinsley
on Jun 12, 2008 at 2:27:37 am

Very true. I agree with you. This isn't going to work really unless I can have presets ready and then I write up an SOP for everyone. However we are in an ALL PC environment running Avid Newscutters, hence the need for QT movies for importing. Isn't Compressor only available for Mac?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]