FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extracting multiple audio tracks from DVD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Hamilton
Extracting multiple audio tracks from DVD
on May 22, 2008 at 10:42:46 pm

I recently authored a multiple language DVD, and now the client wants web compressions of all the videos that appear on the DVD...in each language. There are 4 videos on the DVD and 11 languages of each video. So in order to do all 44 videos without spending the rest of my life exporting from the edit system, I figured I would just extract them from the DVD.

I used mpeg streamclip (which gives the option to select audio tracks) to do a test. Works really well, except for some reason, the very end screen (which is a static of text on a background) starts to go crazy with field tearing. It is really strange, as the source is totally fine, and this doesn't really happen anywhere else in the video. It doesn't matter how I export the video...every single time it is the exact same problem. I also notice that it does this when you just play the file in the window....so somehow this is the way mpeg streamclip is reading the files.

Anyone have any thoughts? Is there another DVD to quicktime application that allows you to select different audio tracks for export from DVD?

I am really only needing something to extract the videos from the DVD, then using Sorenson Squeeze to compress them for the web.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Extracting multiple audio tracks from DVD
on May 23, 2008 at 10:02:08 am

Have a look at these:

http://www.metakine.com/products/dvdremaster/

http://handbrake.fr/

Return to posts index

Robin Hamilton
on May 23, 2008 at 2:21:15 pm

I have never used DVD Remaster, but I have tried handbrake - and I can't seem to create a file that Sorenson squeeze will read.

-Robin Hamilton

Motion Graphics Designer
Visual Productions

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on May 23, 2008 at 2:35:58 pm

Handbrake spits out MPEG-4. Squeeze accepts that as source, you can confirm that on their website.

Return to posts index

Robin Hamilton
on May 23, 2008 at 5:41:42 pm

Well I downloaded a demo of AVS Video Converter 6.2. Seems to work exactly the way i need it. As an added bonus, I can actually batch rip (that sounds like a swear) quicktimes.

It ain't free...but it certainly isn't expensive, and it will save me hours of time with the batch rips (I feel a little dirty saying that).

Thanks for your help.

-Robin Hamilton

Motion Graphics Designer
Visual Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]