FORUMS: list search recent posts

iPhone Video - extremely slow compression?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barrett Ross
iPhone Video - extremely slow compression?
on May 22, 2008 at 5:18:28 pm

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm struggling with outputting from FCP to iPhone video, and would love to hear of others' workflows and Compressor settings. Suggestions??? [Read below for more details on this specific problem creating iPhone video from Compressor].

I've created a project in FCP 6.0.2 of still slides (TIFF files) with audio on top to create a basic presentation. The total presentation is about 30 minutes. When exporting to Compressor 3.0.2 using the iPhone video preset (either the "H.264 for iPod video and iPhone 640x480" or "320x240 (QVGA)") the compression is extremely slow. The estimated time to finish continually rises, even after I decrease the bandwidth and frame rate as low as I can. I left it running yesterday for 18 hours, and still it is only about 1/5th of the way complete and now estimates it will take another 114 hours. Does anyone know what is going wrong???

This raises another question: I had tried to create a custom setting for the iPhone that had a framerate of 1 fps because the images are static and decreasing both compression time and file size is ideal, but the resulting file would not show up when transfered to the iPhone. Any suggestions?

Are there any other settings someone could recommend to speed along the process of creating iPod/iPhone video? I create both presentations as described above and regular 'talking head' videos... there's gotta be a better way!

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]