FORUMS: list search recent posts

Episode Settings for FastChannel

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crystal Behrends
Episode Settings for FastChannel
on May 19, 2008 at 4:20:18 pm

Hello, I asked for this in a previous thread, but I don't think anyone has noticed it...

In another thread, someone had mentioned sending the proper settings for Episode for DG FastChannel. FastChannel sent me a settings file for Episode, but I seem to have interlacing issues, so I was hoping someone can help me with this problem.

My email address is: crys94ATyahooDOTcom

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Crystal Behrends
Re: Episode Settings for FastChannel
on May 19, 2008 at 5:39:13 pm

Also, I have Cleaner XL and this program used to work for spots uploaded to Fastchannel years ago before they changed their rules to 720x512. Has anyone used this program for Fastchannel? If so, what settings do you use?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 19, 2008 at 8:07:23 pm

I thought XL stood for the years in Roman Numerals before AutoDesk next updates the program.

It seems very few compression apps allow for adding VBI (Vertical Interval Blanking). The VBI is useful for those who add Sigma encoding as well as Closed Caption. I suspect this is why DG went to 512

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 19, 2008 at 8:01:12 pm

emailed you the settings.

Return to posts index

Crystal Behrends
on May 19, 2008 at 8:51:29 pm

Thank you VERY much!! I will test it out tonight and see if this works!

Yes, I have the old version of Cleaner. I haven't used it in years, so I'm not real familiar with the program. I only used it for the Fastchannel encoding because that is what they recommended back then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]