FORUMS: list search recent posts

Washed out dvds in DVDSP

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Pokrant
Washed out dvds in DVDSP
on May 16, 2008 at 6:04:15 pm

I've searched for this topic but haven't really found the answers I was looking for so hopefully you guys can shed some light on this.

Every dvd I burn seems like it has a gamma shift on it, making it appear lighter than it should be. This is apparent being played in mac's dvd player right next to the original quicktime, and on ntsc monitors.

Coming out of compressor it looks identical to the original quicktime, but once it comes out of dvdsp it looks washed out.

I know you can apply a gamma shift in compressor to make up for this, but that gamma shift shouldn't really be there in the first place should it?

Is there a bug or a setting within dvdsp/compressor that is causing this? I am currently using dvdsp 4, and compressor 2 and use all the best quality settings within each.

Return to posts index

jesse jacobs
Re: Washed out dvds in DVDSP
on Sep 3, 2008 at 9:03:01 pm

I am experiencing the same thing-- washed out color shifts both in menu and in video. Someone posted a link to this as a solution.
http://creativemac.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=23956

I am trying to do tests to see if it works. Did you ever solve your colors hift problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]