FORUMS: list search recent posts

Qmaster vs compressor vs fcp

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Graham-Maw
Qmaster vs compressor vs fcp
on Apr 13, 2008 at 12:48:42 am

Hi I'm new to this website. Was recommended that this was the place for editors and such.

I am having trouble with crash problems... when I shouldn't be.
I recently purchased my own editing suite. I'm adept at editing and using the programs, quick learner, but some things still allude me.

I have recently finished editing a short film of mine, I have successfully made DVDs for it and whatnot. However I knew I wasn't using my machine's full potential when rendering. I watched the quick tutorial on Apple Qmaster here and set it so Compressor could utilise 8 CPUs rather than just the one.

I have been having these faults of where I'm in FCP; I export into Compressor and at times it would freeze up FCP. Now that I added Qmaster it got worse. I decreased the CPU number with no avail. I am using compressor to convert into mpeg2 for normal DVD and it works for a short while. Then freezes up.

I attempted mpeg2 HD-DVD compressor pre-setting as I wanted to make HD-DVD in DVD Studio Pro 4. But instead of freezing it up it gave me an error msg. (I can redo to check error code if it helps, but basically says HOST Cluster error!)

Anyways, I don't know why my Mac is acting up. The hard drives aren't cluttered, the machine is new and FCS2 installed absolutely fine.

Please help^^

Two 24inch HD Hyundai W240D LCD monitors.
Mac Pro:
2 x 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
Final Cut Studio 2
NAD Amplifier with Bower&Wilkins monitor speakers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]