FORUMS: list search recent posts

encoding mpeg2 for powerpoint using episode pro

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim French
encoding mpeg2 for powerpoint using episode pro
on Apr 10, 2008 at 10:39:00 am

Hi

Has anyone out there used mpeg2 in powerpoint?

I have a client wanting movies as mpeg 2 so that he can use the powerpoint on both pc's and macs. but I would of thought that at least on a mac you would need the mpeg 2 quicktime component?

However if anyone has had joy with this what settings did you use? I guess I do it with a programme stream.

Tim

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: encoding mpeg2 for powerpoint using episode pro
on Apr 10, 2008 at 11:16:59 am

Most Pc's running Windows XP {non media center) cannot play mpeg 2 without 3rd party software. Mpeg 1 is a better choice.

http://www.video2stream.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:45:02 pm

Agreed, MPEG-2 is not going to work unless you have the MPEG-2 Quicktime component installed on Mac and a 3rd party MPEG-2 decoder on Windows.

Return to posts index

Tim French
on Apr 10, 2008 at 3:02:01 pm

Thanks all, always comforting to know that I'm not going completely mad. At least not on this matter anyway!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:15:31 pm

[Tim French] "I have a client wanting movies as mpeg 2 so that he can use the powerpoint on both pc's and macs. but I would of thought that at least on a mac you would need the mpeg 2 quicktime component? "

I'd just thought I'd mention, never assume clients know what they're talking about. I always clients what they want to do and then present the technical options.

I work with clients who think of themselves as very experienced (and they are) but have progressed beyond BetaSP so they know little about new codecs and delivery methods even though they have new computers quite capable of handling them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]