FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fast motion on You Tube

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Yukshro
Fast motion on You Tube
on Apr 9, 2008 at 3:01:39 am

I just finished making a movie and tried a lot of the different compression settings recommended for YouTube videos and the multiple file uploader to no avail.

My video starts off slowly (~10 FPS) and speeds up to 900% of normal speed. Here's my problem: When it starts off slow, it looks great but when it speeds up it looks very horrible and pixelated.

If someone could help out I'd appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Fast motion on You Tube
on Apr 9, 2008 at 10:04:51 am

Youtube's transcoding methods simply can't handle complex video without falling apart. That said, can you post a link to your video so we can confirm that's the issue?

Return to posts index

Eric Yukshro
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:31:48 am

Actually, I deleted the video because the quality was so bad. Yes, it was that bad.

I can upload a test movie if you'd like - but I don't want to put the actual movie up because the perfectionist in me won't allow it, until the quality is satisfactory.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Apr 10, 2008 at 9:14:57 am

If you're a perfectionist, stay well clear of Youtube, they get many things badly wrong.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:19:58 pm

If you need quality try
http://www.vimeo.com/
It's YouTube the way it should have been done (more or less) they can accept and play 720p30 HD (as well as SD). They use On2VP6 codec. They give you the option to allow the viewer to download the original source file you uploaded (Hence, it's good for both viewing and delivery).

YouTube's one advantage is its viral value since it shows up high in the Google search engine (for obvious reasons).

If you're showing files for business reasons, Vimeo is much better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]