FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting Quicktimes from little endian to big endian audio channels?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Escher
Converting Quicktimes from little endian to big endian audio channels?
on Apr 4, 2008 at 10:53:19 pm

Hi,

I was hired to capture some material shot on HDCAM and convert it to DVCPRO-HD though my Kona LHe. After some fits and starts and help from Kona support, I was able to do so, but after looking at the quicktime files I discovered that the audio channels were little endian where the client asked for big endian. I'm not quite sure one would need either setting, but I was hoping that there was an easy solution for me to convert the files from little endian to big endian using something like compressor. Does anyone know the process of doing something like this?

Thanks,

Michael Escher

Return to posts index

Michael Escher
Re: Converting Quicktimes from little endian to big endian audio channels?
on Apr 5, 2008 at 12:12:44 am

Figured it out myself. I just did a save as in quicktime pro and un-checked the little endian checkbox in the sound settings. Kept everything else the same.

Return to posts index

del chapple
Re: Converting Quicktimes from little endian to big endian audio channels?
on Apr 7, 2008 at 2:42:34 pm

I bet your client doesnt even know the difference, nor does it matter. the big/little thing just has to do with the byte order of the audio. PC or intel little and motorola (G5) big. i love it when clients open up the info box on a quicktime and then ask for the next job to be exacty the same(its always close but never the same)

del

you cant hear my inner voice scream... can you..?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]