FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP! HDV Compression for WEB!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dexter Monico
HELP! HDV Compression for WEB!
on Mar 23, 2008 at 3:52:27 pm

Hi there,

I recently just worked in an HDV 108060i in FCP, and exported to compressor. However, since I am trying to upload my material on Vimeo.com, they only accept 720p30. So first, I sent my HDV 1080i60 sequence to compressor, and made a HDV 720p30 file. Which actually came out fine, but the file is huge (330mb). And gets frozen every time I try and upload it.

So I went back into compressor, and have been exporting files for the web. I used H.264 800 kps for streaming and download, but the end result is that the files are extremely pixelated and just look awful.

I should also mention that before I exported my sequence and made it to 720p30, I just tried exporting the 1080i60 seq by itself and then bring to compressor to make it a web video and I am getting the same results!

I would really appreciate some guidance. Any suggestions please?

-d

Return to posts index

del chapple
Re: HELP! HDV Compression for WEB!
on Mar 24, 2008 at 5:17:05 pm

800kbs is ok for SD but not really good for a 1280x720(960x720) frame size, i'd expect greater than 2000kbs then you should get better results. Turn Keyframes on automatic in QT h.264, i dont know why it defaults to every 24f..? and go to a multipass render in your final render, you can do single pass to check your compression output to make sure you are in the ballpark.

What is your target data rate for the file?

d

you cant hear my inner voice scream... can you..?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]