FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP output specs for Squeeze

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Flores
FCP output specs for Squeeze
on Mar 15, 2008 at 2:39:33 am

I'm going to receive from a client various video assets that are going to be exported from Final Cut Pro 6 and i need to use Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 to transcode the files to FLV On2 VP6.

Important (or not) details:
- the assets that i'm going to receive from the client are going to be stored in a 500 GB external hardrive
- 80 min total video content
- SD 16:9 (not HD)

Now, it's up to me to advice the client regarding the specs of the FCP output. Probably a .MOV or an .AVI uncompressed its not a good idea - will take too long to transfer/copy to my PC and too long to transcode.

I have experience in Adobe Premiere Pro, not in FCP. So hope someone could advice me with the output specs from FCP.

Quality is a priority but time is preciouses :).

To try to make a good workflow, probably exporting the video assets from FCP as:
- progressive (should be one of the specs because than in Squezee there is no need to apply desinterlace filter, decreasing the trancoding process time)
- audio normalized (no need to apply filter)
- no black bars (no need to use crop filter)

My post is long now, but I have one last question :):

I need to add at start and at the end 2 short clips (bumpers) - to join 3 files. In Procoder this is possible but in Sorenson i don't see how. The best solution that I have found until now was using QT Pro and add the bumpers there, than save as a new .MOV file - takes time to 're-create' the files but it doesn't seem that re-encodes it again, witch is good. The downside is the time consuming to do that process manually, witch is a problem if we are talking about dozens of assets. Any better alternative?

Help MUCH appreciated.

I hope that this post can generate some good ideas for a typical transcoding workflow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]